Saturday, September 5, 2009

Advantages to a Bunk Bed

So by now, I’m sure the thought of purchasing a bunk bed for a child has crossed every parent’s mind. Some of the obvious advantages are that it saves space, sometimes saves money, and kids love it. While these advantages alone are enough to convince many into purchasing a bunk bed, let’s look deeper into the saving money aspect of the advantages.
A bunk bed is typically desired due to some crowding in bedrooms. As a kid, having grown up in a fairly small room myself, a bunk bed was something that I fancied quite often. When I was about 8 years old, my parents finally bought me and my brother a bunk bed. It was a rather simple bunk bed, no hip theme on it. It was a manufactured wooden bunk bed. Everything about it looked sturdy and my brother and I were more excited than ever.
Unfortunately, it turns out my parents had something else in mind. We had purchased a bunk bed with the intentions of not using it as a bunk bed. A traditional bunk bed is usually stackable or you can split the bunk bed apart and make two twin beds. By doing so, my parents were able to save some money. A traditional twin size bed, including mattress could easily cost much more than a twin over twin bunk bed. While I never understood why we couldn’t just use it as a bunk bed, I now understand why my parents decided on a bunk bed. Saving money was a major priority for my family and this was one of many ways to save money when furnishing our home.
Here are some guide tips for when you are looking to save money on a bunk bed. If you have already looked into bunk beds, you probably realized the great range of bunk bed prices. You’ll find that traditional twin over twin bunk beds are fairly cheaper than the newer modern bunk beds with desks and dresser attachments. You might have also found that wooden bunk beds tend to be slightly more expensive than metal ones. Prices range from $400 all the way up $1000+. If some of these prices are out of your range, no worries. There is also another alternative to a bunk bed, which is to build your own bunk bed. If you are handy and familiar with woodwork, it should be fairly easy and very cheap.
Whichever option you go with, there are multiple ways to save money with bunk beds. If you are in need of furnishing your children’s room at a lower cost, look into bunk beds!

No comments:

Post a Comment